We find that eventually everything tends to come down to tax… and the desire not to pay it if at all possible! You are not alone:
No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. (Lord Clyde, 1929)
Every man is entitled if he can to order his affairs so as that the tax attaching under the appropriate Acts is less than it otherwise would be. (Baron Tomlin, 1936)
And no lesser tax authority than Kerry Packer once said: “Now of course I am minimising my tax… and if anybody in this country doesn’t minimise their tax, they want their heads read.”
We at David Lindon & Co can’t promise anything and will always be mindful of Denis Healey’s words that “the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion is the thickness of a prison wall”! However what we can do is our utmost to ensure that:
- you never pay any more tax than necessary;
- you meet all tax reporting requirements;
- attention is concentrated wherever possible on forward planning; and
- you receive as much advance notice as possible of potential future tax liabilities.
David Lindon & Co will act as your tax agents and liaise directly with HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf, thereby giving you peace of mind and often producing faster and more informative responses. As our client you will receive timely reminders of the filing and payment deadlines and a complimentary tax health check when you join us.
As a brief overview, the following is by no means an exhaustive list of the tax services we can offer you:
Personal tax services:
- Preparation and filing of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Capital gains tax planning
- Retirement planning
- Inheritance tax planning
- Advice on foreign/overseas aspects
- Trust tax
Business tax services:
- Preparation of Corporation Tax returns
- VAT registration and return preparation
- PAYE administration (including P11D and year end filing)
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs investigations
Finally, for complete peace of mind we have teamed up with Abbey Tax to offer all our clients an excellent tax investigation insurance at a very competitive rate. This covers the cost of accountancy fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs enquiry and the need to provide detailed information or defend you against any accusations made. Further details are available on request.